With my Volmetrics
diet life-style change I purchased the kindle version of the book that came with recipes. One of the recipes was for these Zucchini brownies. Now, I didn’t follow the books recipe exactly but the end result was so yummy!
My Version of the Recipe:
– 3 cups self-rising flour (it called for white whole-wheat but I didn’t want to spend the extra money when I already had perfectly good flour on hand.)
– 1 teaspoon sea salt (they called for table salt)
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 4 teaspoons cocoa (this wasn’t in the recipe, I added it)
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 3/4 cup egg substitute
– 3/4 cup sugar (I plan on using Splenda next time)
– 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 2 teaspoons artificial vanilla extract (it called for pure, but artificial is what I had on hand)
– 3 cups shredded zucchini with skin (now, it called for 6 cups but I didn’t buy enough zucchini. Note: a normal sized zucchini shreds into about a little more than a cup. So, I would advise to have 6 zucchini if you want the full amount but 3 cups did great for me)
– 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini morsels
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9″ by 13″ baking pan with cooking spray. You can use glass or otherwise.
2. Sift flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and cocoa into a medium bowl.
3. Using a hand mixer beat egg substitute in a large bowl until it is light and fluffy. Add the sugar and light brown sugar and beat until well blended. Stir in the oil, applesauce, vanilla, zucchini, and chocolate morsels until well blended. Stir in the flour mixture until blended. Pour into the pan.
4. Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife stuck into the center comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan or on wire rack. Let cool to room temperature before cutting.