Parmesan Crispy Zucchini Bites with Aioli 3 Sauces
These crispy little bites are what you have been craving! Trust me! They are crunchy, juicy, and a breeze of cool air. Of course, when you have crispy you want something to dunk these babies in and out of these three aoili sauces you are sure to find one you will fall in love with.
Let’s get to what you will need to make these yummy little bites. And be sure to check out the picture gallery if you have any questions about how things should look.
Ingredients for Zucchini:
- 2 medium green zucchini, sliced into 1/4″ thick rounds
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 1/4-1/2 cup of egg beaters or 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of panko break crumbs
- 3/4 cup of shredded Parmesan
- Canola oil
Ingredients for Aioli Sauces
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp of chopped green onions
- 1/2 tsp of chives
How to Make Crunchy Zucchini Chips:
- Make an assembly line. In one bowl put the flour, salt, and pepper. In the second bowl beat the egg beaters until frothy. In the third bowl put in the Panko bread crumbs and Parmesan.
- Then use the two hand method. With your left hand dredge the zucchini in the flour. Be sure to cover it well.
- Next, put the zucchini in the egg mixture. With your right hand, take the zucchini and flip it multiple times to be sure the egg has covered everything well.
- Then, with the same hand place the zucchini in the flour/Parmesan mixture and be sure to press the mixture firmly onto the zucchini. This is key because you don’t want it to fall off.
- Then heat your canola oil in a non-stick skillet. Fill the skillet about 1/4 of the way. I used a smaller one because I wanted more control of everything. (I cooked 3 batches) With the oil you want it hot, but not crackling every where hot. I set my burner between low and medium.
- Then put the zucchini in the hot oil, they should simmer but not crack and pop. Cook the zucchini on each side for 3 minutes. If before the 3 minutes it looks like the zucchini is browning to quickly, be sure to reduce the heat. You want the full 3 minutes per side because it ensures the middles of each zucchini gets cooked.
- Once the zucchini is cooked place them on a plate (I used paper) lined with paper towels where the oil can drain off.
How to make the 3 Aioli Sauces:
The first thing you want to do it make the “base” aioli sauce.
- In a small bowl put the mayonnaise, garlic, and lemon juice. (If you want to add salt and pepper have at it). Mix until creamy. Aioli number 1 is done!
- Divide your base aioli into thirds. Take one of the thirds and add the green onions and chives. Aioli number 2 is done!
- Take the remaining third and add the crushed red peppers and ginger. Aioli number 3 is done! This one is definitely for people who love spicy sauces!
These are crispy on the outside and oh so juicy on the inside and dip-able goodness!
Live. Love. Learn. Teach.
P.S. If you make them leave a comment below to let me know how you like them!