While checking Redbox for a movie to watch I came across something I had never seen, Under the Skin. The movie has Scarlett Johansson and the description seemed very interesting:
“A voluptuous woman of unknown origin combs the highway in search of isolated or forsaken men, luring a succession of lost souls into an otherworldly lair. They are seduced, stripped of their humanity, and never heard from again. Based on the novel by Michael Faber, this film examines human experience from the perspective of an unforgettable heroine who grows too comfortable in her borrowed skin, until she is abducted into humanity with devastating results.”
Okay, let’s get down and dirty with this movie.
1. The first like fifteen minutes there is NO dialogue and very odd scenes where I just felt completely and utterly lost. Not a good beginning to a movie.
2. There is very little dialogue throughout the WHOLE movie. Again, you really have to use your brain to try and figure out what is going on.
3. In the first 45 minutes it’s pretty much the same scene repeated just with different guys. Pretty much the same dialogue. Must of been super east for Scarlett to learn her lines.
4. When the screen goes all white or all black. Don’t adjust your screen. It’s on purpose. Odd.
5. spoiler alert When Scarlett’s character, which we never learn her name (I’m pretty sure she doesn’t have one) gets intimate with a man it’s weird and I still don’t understand what she was looking for/at. I have my assumptions. Let me know yours.
1. You get to see Scarlett naked. Twice. (If you are into super skinny gals)
2. Ummm…uhhh… I have nothing.
1. It steals 108 minutes of your life.
1 out of 10. Only 1. Really honestly 0. DON’T WASTER YOUR TIME, MONEY, OR BRAIN CELLS!!!