6 Week Update

I have been so busy and tired that I haven’t had time write a post. Let me update you guys!

On August 29th I went to the ER as you guys know and they found a cyst and only a gestational sack with my hcg levels at 6,000.

I contacted my doctor on Monday the 31st and she wanted to run more blood work. On Monday I had my hcg and progesterone levels drawn. Hcg: 10,609 and Progesterone: 36.2.

Everything looked good but my doctor wanted to draw the hcg again in 48 hours just to be sure. I had it drawn on the 2nd and waited patiently the next day for my results…they never came. I messaged my doctor on the portal and said they would contact the lab. The next day, Friday the 4th, I still hadn’t got my results in the morning and after more messaging finally heard back from the nurse that my levels were 16,337. I of course plugged these into a beta calculator and saw it wasn’t doubling every 48 hours and started freaking out. I called the nurse and she said once it goes over 10,000 they don’t look for it to double in 48 hours and that it takes longer. I then did some research and found out this was true and that after 10,000 it can take up to 96 hours to double. Sigh of relief. While on the phone with the nurse she started asking questions about how I was feeling. I told her I was still in a considerable amount of pain. Then, she started asking a bunch of questions that I did not know the answer to since I didn’t see the ultrasound at the ER nor did they really give me information.

The nurse said she was going to pull my records to review and said she would have the doctor there (my doctor was out) to look them over and she would call me back. She called me back saying that they were having a very difficult time deciphering the notes and can’t tell where they found the gestational sack. Uh…what!? She said they are going to call their ultrasound center and work me in today. I got an appointment for 2 hours later.

I called Jay and told him about everything and asked if he could be there. He was in a meeting with the president of his company and couldn’t leave until 3pm. The appointment was at 3. I told him to go ahead and come and maybe he would make it. I figured it would take awhile to get called back.

I get there and get called back within minutes and they do the ultrasound right away. She first tried looking via my stomach but couldn’t see anything and then switched to transvaginal ultrasound. Thankfully the ultrasound tech started talking to me about what she was seeing and turned on a TV where I could see what she was seeing.

And…there was more than a gestational sack (in the correct place). There was a little fetal pole and yolk sack…with a heartbeat! 100 beats per minute! I was so relieved but sad because Jay wasn’t there to see it. She started measuring and asked how far along I was and said my due date is April 30th instead of the 27th. I asked when they calculate due dates what day they go for ovulating. She said day 14. I said I am sure I ovulated 16 or 17. She said that explains why I am a few days behind.

I did have a cyst on my left ovary…actually two. One is a little bit bigger than the other. Sigh…

The moment she was done with me Jay arrived…she said she would put pictures on a disc for us and then pulled them up where he could see them right away. She was very nice and talked to Jay about what he was seeing even though I think she had her next patient waiting since I was worked in for that day.

Now…our baby’s first picture:

I am obsessed with looking at it…it makes me so happy and relieves a lot of my worries. So with my new due date today I am 6 weeks 3 days. 235 days to go.


2 Comments Add yours

  1. Marixsa says:

    What a happy ending to your story! And a lovely picture too 🙂


  2. Yay!! That is wonderful. I’m so glad you were able to see your little one. When is your next ultrasound? I’m sorry about the cysts, they are awful. Hopefully they don’t cause you any more issues. Congratulations!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s