I apologize for not posting in awhile. I have been super busy with work and all I want to do when I get home is sleep.
How far along?
- 11 weeks exactly.
How big is the little one?
- Size of a lime 1.6 inches & 0.25 ounces
- I bought some maternity pants a few weeks back when I was very bloated. I occasionally wear them. For the most part I can wear my normal clothes but they are a bit tight. Though, a few pieces of pants and almost all of my button up shirts have been retired for now.
- I am sleeping okay. I do have to wake up and pee 2-3 times a night. It is very annoying because pre-pregnancy I never woke up during the night. I have trouble with my hips hurting during the night.
Best moment this week?
- So…I bought a fetal doppler. I bought it with low expectations of hearing the heartbeat since I am no expert in using it. I watched a ton of YouTube videos to know what I should be listening for and the general area where I should look. On Saturday I thought I might have heard it but on Sunday I know for sure that I did and it was amazing. Jay got to hear it too! I was so surprised. I had almost given up because I had been at it for 30 minutes. Then, later that evening I tried again and found it in under a minute now that I knew where to listen! Though, yesterday night I couldn’t find it and did worry all night and woke up to try again..after a long while I found it and was almost late to work. I told Jay to hide the doppler when he got home because I can’t feel all that worry again. I’m going to wait until I am further along where it won’t be hard to find. Maybe like 16 weeks. Right now I am going with ignorance is bliss.
- I have a friend who had her third, and last kid, almost a year ago. She needed to make space her in spare bedroom for her mother-in-law and her husband to stay with them for a few weeks because they just sold their house. She text me and sent me pictures of some baby stuff she has with prices to see if I was interested and the stuff was at such a great deal I couldn’t pass it up. So we bought a infant car seat (Graco snugride classic 35), two bases for the car seat, a car seat liner thing that has an attachment to cover the baby up in cold weather, this thing that hangs from the car seat handle that has pacifiers attached to it, a swing, a bouncy seat, a bathtub, a boppy pillow, a boppy pillow cover, two swaddling things, many receiving blankets, and a baby carrier. Everything was in awesome condition and we paid $120 for everything! I did have to go home and play around with stuff to figure out how everything works. I wasn’t going to buy baby stuff so early on but it was a now or never kind of thing because if I didn’t take it then she was going to take the stuff to a consignment shop.
- Tired, so so tired. I am sleeping about 12 hours a day and it’s never enough.
- My boobs aren’t really that sore but my nipples are ridiculously sensitive.
- I have a really hard time brushing my teeth.
- My cramping seems to have subsided and have virtually no pain with my cyst.
- We did have an incident this week where my husband had smoked a cigar and it was like a movie…the moment I smelled it (thankfully outside) I puked over the side of the deck. Now, when I was having major morning sickness during week 5 and 6 I never threw up. I always fight throwing up because I HATE throwing up. I was shocked it happened and so was Jay. He felt so bad.
- Another symptom…weight loss. For the total pregnancy I have lost 5.5 pounds.
- Water. I seem to not want to drink anything other than water. This is good thing since normally I have to force myself to drink water.
- Chicken. I can’t even stand the thought of chicken.
- We have made the final decision to not find out. It is killing all our family and friends which is kind of fun.
What I miss?
- Ibuprofen. I know it’s silly but Tylenol does barely anything to take away pain. I miss my Ibuprofen.
What am I looking forward to?
- Feeling the baby move. I know it probably won’t happen for awhile but I can’t wait!
- No, not really. I am just really, really bloated! Which I already had some belly fat so it kind of looks like I have a bump but I don’t.