Breastfeeding is so natural but for some reason it requires so many different things especially if you pump.
Breast pump, pumping supplies, cleaning and sanitizing those supplies, breast pumping bras, pouches to store milk in, breast pads, and nipple cream.
Now, I don’t know if this is normal but for some reason I let down between feedings and when I am feeding both breasts let down at the same time. I started realizing I was letting a bunch of milk go to waste. I did some research and found the Phillip Avent Comfort Breast Shells.
- They collect a good amount of milk. Easily half an ounce each.
- Cleans easily. Dishwasher safe.
- Stays in place well with a bra on.
- When pouring out the collected milk it sometimes spills because there is no spout cut out.
- The price is a little high but if you are going to breastfeed for a long time or have multiple children then it is definitely worth it.
These are wonderful! Each nursing session or let down in between I can usually collect somewhere between a quarter to a half an ounce overall. By the end of the day I can usually have a few ounces that would have gone to waste. I highly recommend these especially to someone who has excess letdown.